Curriculum Guide, Graduation Requirements and Summer School
Graduation Requirements for current high school students:
- When the 83rd Texas Legislature passed House Bill 5 into law, high school graduation plans changed for all students who will be freshmen during the 2014-15 school year and thereafter. The bill provides more flexibility for high school students to pursue either higher education or a career. House Bill 5 established a single graduation plan, the Foundation High School Program (FHSP). Students will also have the opportunity to build on the FHSP by earning Endorsements, Performance Acknowledgements, and a Distinguished Level of Achievement. Students will need to declare their preferred endorsement areas, in writing, by the beginning of their 9th-grade year. An endorsement is basically an opportunity for students to select a “major” during their high school career. An endorsement can be earned by taking additional courses in Career and Technical Education (CTE) or by taking additional non-CTE courses specified within the endorsement requirements.
Courses needed by students to fulfill the Distinguished Achievement Program requirements and not offered by Stephenville High School or Ranger College may be accessed through the Virtual School Network as offered. Please see a counselor if interested in this program.
- Summer School
- Registration begins in May each year.
- Begins the 1st week of June for 4 weeks.
- The curriculum is self-paced through Edgenuity.
- Credit recovery is also available.